A new study, based on collected data from several publicly available sources, has identified the substances and sectors that pose the greatest risk to workers in the EU. The top 5 most dangerous substances are: silica, asbestos, solvents, non-infectious biological agents and wood dust.
The top 5 sectors at risk are:
- Trade and repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles
- Manufacturing of chemicals and other chemical products
- Services to buildings and landscape activities
- Manufacturing of rubber and plastic products
- Specialised construction activities
Of course, this list should not be taken as definitive. Due to low self-reporting, some industries are absent. Follow this link for more information on the study and what companies can do.